So what am I working on now? (and why am I asking you?!)
I have too many novels in progress at one lowly stage or another at the moment (for certain constrained definitions of 'in progress' and 'at the moment'). The most advanced (for certain constrained definitions of 'advanced') of these are:
- Novel about a girl band, which is almost finished! Yeay me! This will be published before June is out
- Nature of the Beast (set in the same world as Femarine, but two hundred years later
- Qué (set in the same world and time-frame as Femarine, but in a different country)
- Murder on the Orient Express parody
- Star Trek parody I hope to have out by Christmas
- Kidnapped re-written for the modern age
- Bring into the electronic age an old, old hand-written, but complete novel I did some time ago - a murder mystery
- Bring into the electronic age an old, old hand-written, but very nearly complete novel I did some time ago - a sci-fi story
- Possible pair of novels, very loosely connected, about magic
- Possible pair of novels, closely connected, about a detective and her twin sister
- a host of other projects which may or may not ever come to fruition including a couple fo Jane Austen-flavor stories I've been thinking about.
- A series (yes I know - but not a grown-up series, a children's series. I'll never write a grown-up series) about some rats and other critters.
What I'm actually working on right now is the novel about a girl band. It's over 90,000 words and over two hundred pages, and is within a few paragraphs and a final read-through to being finished. I aim to have that released this month (June 2017). I'm interspersing work on that with work on a young children's picture book, of which I am roughly about half-way through.
There's a parody of Agatha Christie's Murder on the Orient Express in the works as well as an update of Robert Louis Stevenson's Kidnapped, and a new take on Pride and Prejudice, although not much has been done on any of these of late. There's still a good half of 2017 to go, though, so early days!
Nature of the Beast is my second (recent) from scratch novel aimed at the YA audience, and is being written (very slowly) in tandem with several other novels! One of the others is titled Qué, and is set in the same world as my "best-selling" (LOL!) Femarine, but the two stories are unconnected so no, as promised, it's not a series!
In Nature of the Beast, Prince Benson is the second in line to the throne and his only concern is finding a cure for his stricken fiancée. Little does he know how little he does know. This novel is in outline form right now with a few chapters written, but I have a plan, which for me is amazing.
Qué is a LGBTQIA novel set in the same time period as Femarine, but in a different nation in Temmeland.